“The new Council brings a mix of new and experienced councillors from across East Gippsland and sees an increase in female representation,” Mr Basford said.
“The executive team, staff and I are looking forward to working with the new Council on their vision, plans, policies and everything associated with customer focussed service delivery for our community and visitors.”
The new councillors are (in elected order):
• Kirsten Van Diggele – Paynesville (first time Councillor)
• Mendy Urie – Eagle Point (previous Councillor and Mayor)
• Sonia Buckley – Benambra (first time Councillor)
• Arthur Allen – Lakes Entrance (first time Councillor)
• Trevor Stow – Bairnsdale (first time Councillor)
• Dr Jane Greacen – Bairnsdale (first time Councillor)
• John White – Lindenow South (previous Councillor and Mayor)
• Tom Crook – Eagle Point (first time Councillor)
• Mark Reeves – Marlo (previous Councillor and Mayor)
The Statutory Meeting to elect the Mayor and Deputy Mayor (if the councillors seek to appoint a Deputy Mayor) will be held on Tuesday, November 17 from 6pm and will be live streamed on Council’s YouTube channel ‘EastGippyTV’.
The election results are here: https://www.vec.vic.gov.au/results/2020-council-election-results/east-gippsland-shirecouncil